Friday, July 18, 2008

Switch to Renewable Energy



There has been some action in the news in the past week, or so, concerning the use, and switch to, renewable energy.

Although this is not an area I normally cover, I am VERY interested in the environment (and very concerned about global warming). I would like to see us change the way we use energy so we can reduce our dependence on non-renewable sources of energy (oil will go away, then what do we do?) and reduce carbon emissions.

One way to help is to Telecommute (of course, I would say that).....DUH.

Al Gore and T. Boone Pickens have other ideas. I grabbed a couple of video clips so you can see what they are proposing.

If I can quickly summarize (I hope I get this right):

T. Boone tells us that Natural Gas should be used for transportation to reduce our dependence on oil. To replace the energy supplied by natural gas, we should use wind power.

Al is telling us to switch to renewable sources of energy like wind and solar...period.

You can tell who the politician is. T. Boone tells us his plan in 4 minutes, while Al takes over 18. How funny.

BUT the bottom line is....these are folks we need to start listening to.

If you need convincing, Leonardo DiCaprio's "11th Hour" documentary will convince you that change is needed. This is the best documentary I have watched.....

"11th Hour" Video



Al Gore



T. Boone